Thursday, December 18, 2008

how winter makes me reconsider it all...

Today is one of those days that the air is so still and cold and full of winter that you can see it. It blurs out the edges of trees and pulls the world in close. Everything slows down, becomes mystery, any kind of movement seems like a transportation between worlds...makes me think of Avalon this morning.

Its not terribly cold though and after brushing off my car this morning, I stood there for a while watching my breath hang in the air and counting the seconds before it started to disappear. Sometimes I really like winter.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Do you mean Avalon the junior high school down the street from our house? Or a different Avalon.

Ok, I'm just joking. I'm pretty sure I know which one you are referring to.

It was pretty this morning.