Sunday, May 2, 2010

and we'll undress beside the ashes of the fire....

Today is a very April day. I woke up this morning before 7am with the sun shining so brightly into my eyes that I couldn't hardly open them. By the time I was heading for a McDonald's big breakfast with Patrick the breeze had started up and the sky was clouding over. Now, as I sit at my kitchen table finishing up photos for Dawn Stiles Design, listening to Iron and Wine, the sky behind the tree in my yard is turning a very particular shade of grey-blue and the wind is whipping the green buds on the tree limbs against the fence and the roof. I love this kind of April weather. Would I prefer to be sitting outside reading a book in the grass while its 20+ degrees? ...maybe. But there's something really beautiful about this kind of day.

I've slipped up in writing something here every week so today I have two inspirational 'things' for you to enjoy:

First, is this Old Spice commercial which makes me very happy when I watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

The second one is this quote from...of course, Barbara Kingsolver (again)!

"People's dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It's what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around."

**sidenote: last night I fell asleep watching old episodes of America's Next Top Model and dreamed of Tyra teaching me to walk a runway. Don't know what to make of that in light of this quote!

1 comment:

cayliedawn said...

i just had a dream last week where i was put in charge of taking care of the young son of one of my friends from high school. i have a bad time remembering that living things (pets, plants, etc.) need food and water, but luckily, there was some girl in my dream who, for some reason, dutifully fed and watered the kid. but then one day, none of us could find the kid, and we went looking all over the base (we sort of lived in this space station) but couldn't find him. finally, i found him, but he was in this freezer kind of thing, with a full face-and-head-covering helmet on. he was frozen pretty solid. i took him out of there and tried to warm him up, but then his head fell off and the insides disintegrated, sort of like a combination of rotten apple + sawdust. yikes. what does THAT dream say about me? don't worry, i'm already planning on not having kids.c