Monday, July 27, 2009

I'll carry you up on my back, send for me now to tend to you now...

feeling in a Leonard Cohen mood today...

THE REASON I WRITE

The reason I write
is to make something
as beautiful as you are

When I'm with you
I want to be the kind of hero
I wanted to be
when I was seven years old
a perfect man

who kills


----------


ANTHEM

The birds they sang
at the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
has passed away
or what is yet to be.
Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Is that Horseshoe Lake in your flickr picture (the one where you and Patrick are MAKING OUT)? I went cliff jumping there a few years ago and cracked my tailbone. I jumped off the high cliff that would be to the left of where you're sitting. Bad news. But sweet picture!

Alana said...

Feeling in an Alanis Morssette mood today...and those always make me think of you.
I hope you are well.